PCR test / Rapid Antigen Departure Test.
1) What test should I perform for my departure?
The PCR test is required as a departure test from Fiji to most countries like Australia, China and Canada.
US requires a Rapid Antigen test and a hard copy of the report.
2) What is the cut-off for the departure Rapid Antigen Test?
For US, the cut-off age is 2 years and above.
3) How much is the cost of a PCR test?
The price is $250FJD.
4) What is the age cut off for the departure PCR test?
For Australia, above 4 years of age
5) What is the turnaround time for the PCR test?
Usually between 24 to 36 hours.
6) When should I do my Departure PCR test?
Suggest you booked in for the PCR test within the 72 and 48 hours of your departure time.
This will allow a good window for planning. At times when you test is intermediate MOHMS may require you to have a retest after 24 hours.
7) What if I am tested positive within the 3-month period before my travel?
Suggest that you bring in your previous positive report for your travel as there will be a good possibility that the PCR test may still turn positive in a small percentage of the populations. The previous positive report will assist the MOHMS to allow you to travel back home with a clearance letter.
When you come for your PCR swabbing, kindly inform the testing team at your resort to allow them to assist you with the clearance letter.
8) What if I am tested positive for Covid 19 infection?
You are required to go into 10 days isolation at the resort will be staying in.
Your family will also require to be quarantine separate from you for the next 10 days.
9) If I have missed my PCR test, can I get an emergency PCR test?
Yes, we provide an emergency PCR test cost at the price of $350FJD. Any PCR request within the 24 hours of their departure time will be classified as an emergency PCR test.
All urgent or emergency PCR test turnaround time is 6 hours.
Clients need to cover the transportation cost to our Nadi Lab and the swab need to arrive 6 hours before the departure.
Results will be available 2 hours after the specimen reaches our lab.
Contact 7988425/ 7994189 (hours for calling – 8am to 5pm)
Email: [email protected]